Bulk Materials Handling
RMG has international experience and comprehensive expertise in providing consultation services that enable ore production businesses to design, optimise, and maintain financially and operationally efficient storage and bulk material handling solutions at industrial facilities, power generation plants, ports, and mines globally. We can provide recommendations on the storage, processing, handling, and transportation of a diverse variety of bulk materials including direct reduced iron, steam coals, bauxite, copper concentrate, cement, fluxes, ferro-alloys, coke, coking coals, sinter, pellets, iron ore concentrate, iron ore, and more.
The characteristics, behaviour, and other aspects of bulk materials vary from one production facility to another which demands exhaustive understanding and knowledge of these properties for developing an adequate solution that takes them into account along with operational limitations and requirements.
Our range of services in bulk materials storage and handling includes facility management for a wide range of operations including transportation, homogenisation of facilities, ore blending and stacking, pipeline transportation of slurries, ship to a railway or shore loading and unloading terminals, pneumatic conveyance, general and special purpose cranes, road transport, transhipment operations, automatic guided vehicles (AGV), and reliance on special-purpose transport for conveying heavy loads and molten metal.
- Bins, silo, bunkers, and open bed bulk materials storage facilities
- Conveyor belt, vibratory feeders and other specialised ore delivery systems
- Beneficiation, crushing, blending, grinding, and reclaiming
- Mobile plant, in-motion and static weighing
- Road, ship, and rail loading and unloading terminals
- Off-highway loading, on-line and batch sampling, and haulage equipment
- Concrete and aggregate product plant
Apart from these, RMG can also provide consultancy and engineering services that involve bulk material storage and handling.
- Conducting optional studies for recommendations regarding the ideal
- configuration for material transport and handling including slurry pipeline systems, road haulage trains, bulk railway transport, overland high-speed conveyor systems
- Recommendations related to automation and management of material handling and electrical power systems
- Technical audits, design review, technical specification development, and concept engineering
- Assessment of safety and risks involved including HAZOP studies
- Recommendations for making the material handling, storage, and transportation environment-friendly processes
- Assessment of condition and maintenance of existing facilities and recommendations regarding optimisation
- Advice on up-gradation and modernisation of existing bulk materials storage and handling systems
- Complete tender management starting from enquiry documents drafting to tendering and supplier recommendations
effect of mass material management is of specific significance where financing is acquired from monetary foundations buying into Equator Principals where it should be shown that the social and natural effects of a task are completely thought through prior to finance acquisition. With experience in giving consultancy and recommendations across a variety of verticals, RMG can offer help to project designers, financial backers, financial institutions and banks to evaluate and limit the possible environmental and ecological effect of projects related to bulk material storage, handling and transport.